Ten ways to survive the Wedding Show Circuit – Submitted by Anne Kotlarchuk, Bride and Groom Show Organizer
10 Ways For Couples To Survive “The Wedding Show Circuit”
By Bride and Groom Show Organizer, Anne Kotlarchuk email@example.com
Wedding shows are the best way to meet vendors, ask questions, plus have fun planning your wedding!
With so many decisions to make, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. I wanted to share my best tips, from years of putting on wedding shows, to help you get the most out of your show attendance.
- Make a list of the wedding shows that are being offered in the next 6 months. Just Google “Wedding Show Eastern Ontario.” Make a chart – how much to attend, where it is, if you need to register and the date/time. Then decide which ones you can afford and are within driving range. If the show is free…… GO! Most show benefits far outweigh the time commitment.
- In the weeks prior to each event, enter every single draw and contest that each wedding show offers. You will be amazed at what you can win. Not many people enter, especially the smaller shows, so your chances of winning are very high!
- Follow each show’s Facebook page, and “click” that you’re interested in attending their Facebook event. This will automatically send you notifications and keep you up to date on which vendors will be in attendance, contests, etc.
- Make a list of wedding resources that you need to research, and bring it with you.
- Take your significant other, if they are as interested and involved as you. Otherwise, your Mother, Father and/or best friend are your ultimate resources!
- If you plan to try on dresses, wear clothing that is easy to change out of and for the sake of the bridal store, don’t wear any makeup. They will thank you. Otherwise, bring a silk scarf to put over your head/face, when putting on or taking off each dress.
- Ensure that you arrive early, so you have lots of time. Otherwise, go at noon – this tends to be a slower time for most trade shows.
- Find out if the show offers food for sale or sampling. Bring a snack and bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated and energized.
- Slow down, relax, and enjoy every minute of the planning process. It is a time in your life that you will look back at with fond memories.
- If you register for the Bride and Groom Show 2018, we will have a page of labels ready for you at the registration desk. This will save time, and enable you to enter every vendor contest, by just putting your personalized label on each ballot. Not only is the Bride and Groom Show totally free (admission, parking, sampling, and grand prize draw), your personalized labels are free too! But you need to register, so we can have them ready for you! Deadline for labels is January 19, 2017.